Yard of the Month
Do you have a neighbor that goes above and beyond, Does that friend down the road have the perfect lawn? The Park City Park and Tree Board is looking for nominations for yard of the month for the month of June! Help them out and help bring some light to your neighbors face. Just message a snapshot of their lawn to the Park City Facebook page and get them recognized for all their hard work!! nominations will be taken down from the 15th to the 25th of every month!
CLICK HERE for the
Park City Facebook Page
Park City Fireworks Laws
No Aerial Luminaries or Sky Lanterns!!!
Rules Concerning Discharge of Fireworks
in the City of Park City, Kansas
Fireworks which may be displayed, detonated, discharged, and/or ignited within the city limits of Park City, shall only be those fireworks legal for sale within the State of Kansas.
1. No fireworks may be discharged anywhere in Park City, other than on one’s own property (owned or rented).
2. Any resident under fourteen (14) years of age may not discharge fireworks unless under direct supervision of his parent/guardian or adult family member, and do so on your own property.
3. If you are visiting a resident of Park City, then an adult member of the host family must directly supervise the discharge of fireworks. Any guest age 13 or under who is discharging fireworks must have a parent/guardian present.
4. No fireworks may be discharged on city-owned property, including parks, ballparks, parking lots, or other city-owned areas. They may not be fired on any city streets or on private property other than that which you own or rent.
5. Fireworks may be fired only between 8:00 A.M. and 10:30 P.M. June 27th through July 2nd, and 8:00 A.M. to Midnight on July 3rd and 4th.
6. Fireworks may not be fired after the 4th of July, except when July 4 falls on a Friday or Saturday, fireworks may be fired through Sunday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. only.
Penalty For Unlawful Discharge Of Fireworks:
Violations concerning the Discharge of Fireworks, Restriction on Location of Discharge, or Limitation On Age of Persons Who May Discharge Fireworks Unsupervised, shall subject the violator to a penalty of not more than Two Hundred Fifty Dollar ($250.00) fine and/or forfeiture of any and all fireworks that were then in the position of the alleged offender, and not more than fifteen (15) hours of community service, as well as court costs.
Park City is currently seeking motivated individuals to fill the positions of:
- Police Officer
- Utility Supervisor
- Assistant Court Clerk
Free spring cleanup coupons available
Do you have trash, old furniture, appliances or bulk waste that you need to get rid of? The city distributed 190 coupons to Park City residents on a first come, first served basis that can be used to take up to 1,000 pounds of trash to the Waste Connection Transfer Station. The coupons are valid through Dec. 31. If you would like a coupon, drop by or call City Hall at 744-2026.
Keep Your Information Current
The City of Park City will no longer be mailing disconnect notices to utility customers for nonpayment. In lieu of a mailed notice, customers will be receiving a phone call. Please call 316-744-2026 Option 3 to update your contact information with the City.